The inspection includes the visual examination of the homes exterior including roof and chimney, structure, electrical, heating and cooling systems (visual condition only), insulation, plumbing, and interior including floors, walls, ceilings and windows. Additionally the inspector will functionally operate major built-in appliances.
- Structural Components: Foundation, Floors, Walls, Columns, Roofs, Ceilings, Sub-Floors, Basements and Crawl Spaces.
- Exterior: Wall cladding, Flashing and Trim, Entry door, Windows, Garage door opener, Decks, Balconies, Stairs, Eaves, Soffits and Fascia, Vegetation (adverse impact on structure), Grading and Drainage, Penetrations, Skylights, Chimneys and identifying leaks.
- Electrical: Service type, Service conductor, Service ground, Over current, Protection devices (if any), Main distribution panels, Light switches and receptacles, Ground fault/Arc fault interrupters.
- Plumbing: Interior supply distribution piping, Supports insulation, Fixtures and Faucets, Water Heater and Sump pumps.
- Heating: Heating equipment, Energy source, Operate controls, Flues and Vents, Solid fuel heating devices, Distribution system, Air filters and heat source.
- Cooling: Cooling equipment, Operate controls (unless outside temperature is below 17 degrees Celsius.)
- Interior: Walls, Ceilings, Floors, Steps and Stairways, Balconies and Railings, Counters, Cabinets, Doors and Windows, Fire Separation walls and ceilings (if visible), Access door to house and Garage door.
- Insulation and Ventilation: Insulation (if visible), Vapor retarder (if visible).
Clients are always welcome and encouraged to join us during the inspection process. We are open to answering questions and offering advice when we can.
We use a 28 foot long Spectoscope with a telescoping pole camera that allows us to safely take quality pictures for inaccessible spots of homes from the ground.
We use our Spectoscope and a Wi-Fi camera connected to an iPad so our clients can clearly see hard to reach places, such as the roof components, without the use of ladders.